I am passionate about traveling to new places. I have been to many
countries in Europe iincluding Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic and
Hungary. My favorites countries are Spain, Italy and France. Besides
travel, I enjoy all forms of art. That includes watching the cinema,
listening to music, seeing plays, going to concerts and watching the
multicolored canvass of the sky at sunset. I also enjoy the artistry
of foods and relish tasting good foods and drinking fine wine. My
intellectual interests include politics, history and literature.
Being involved in a heated discussion about politics or history rivets my attention and I’m not one to hold back my opinions on either. As far as physical activities, I exercise daily and love feeling fit. I have also participated in scuba diving,parasailing
and rugby along with hiking in the mountains or by the ocean.
What is my personality like? I see myself as an extrovert. I am
outgoing and friendly and like to think I’m a typical “laid back”
Californian. I like being around people and love going out or just
being with friends and I am loyal and trusting with those who have
earned my friendship. I love humor and I can be funny in the banter
of a good give and take conversation. In my personal relationships,
I am both passionate and sensual. I can also be sensitive and
romantic and have shed a tear or two watching a touching scene in a
film, reading a touching passage in a book or listening to the verse
of a sentimental poem. I do not give up easily and have been called
stubborn once or twice for wont of a better word. However, if I
think I’m wrong, I’m not too proud to say I’m sorry or to admit a
mistake. I love pleasing the people I love and will go to great
lengths to let special people know I care. While I have been married
and been in several serious relationships, I am not afraid to risk it all again.
Ideal match description:
Traits Desired in a Partner
If two people are to make a successful go of a relationship, there must be agreement on the basic “emotional and physical needs” of each other. The things that I consider important when thinking about a long-term relationship are the following:
• Humor – This is the number one trait that I would look for in a partner. I find humor very attractive. The ability to “give and take” without getting your feelings hurt is great fun. I do not work well with people who cannot tolerate good-natured teasing and joking.
• Compromising – A lack of having this trait in a partner is a “deal killer” for me. A partner that always has to have the “last word” or always must get her way when it comes to making choices or decisions is a poor risk for a long-term relationship. I always want to be consulted about what I would like to do and my input considered before a decision is reached and I expect to give the same consideration to my partner. Compromising is the life-blood of a good relationship.
• Physical Needs – I love the sense of touch. I love to be touched and hugged. Physical contact is very important to me. My partner should also enjoy touching, caressing and hugging. The person I am looking for should be able to freely express herself through the sense of touch. I also am very sensual and enjoy sex as an end in itself. I am a passionate lover and would expect my partner to love having sex also.
• Loyalty – I always would support my partner. Putdowns are not my style. Since I build others up and use praise often, I would be especially attractive traits in a woman.
• Listening – I am a good listener. I let the other person talk and when they have finished talking; I want to have my turn to speak. People, who tend to dominate a conversation and do not elicit and value their partner’s input as much or more than their own are not attractive to me. People that take up more than 50% of a conversation sent red flags up to me.
• Extraversion/Introversion – I am an extrovert although I wouldn’t say that I only find satisfaction doing things with others. I also value my “personal time” and appreciate reading, listening to music and other solitary activities. However, given my druthers, I would prefer to be actively doing things over sitting and reading a book.
• Energy level – I have a high energy level and appreciate this trait in women. I enjoy being around lively, vivacious females and find their company quite attractive.
• Family – Family is the most important set of relationships that one can have. As such, I place a high value on family and make maintaining relationships with family members a priority.
• Openness - I appreciate directness in communication. I do not have the patience or the desire to draw information out from my partner through exhaustive questioning. If there is an issue to be discussed, I bring it up without hesitation rather than let it fester. I would expect the same in a partner.
• Sensitivity - I do find sensitivity to be a necessary component of a relationship. One should be cognizant of the mental and emotional state of your partner. However, over-sensitive people, who tend to take every remark as a personal comment about them, are difficult for me. I do not want to feel like I must “walk on eggshells” every time I have a conversation with my partner for fear or hurting her feelings.
• Money – Money is important as a tool to me. It allows me to do things that I find enjoyable such as traveling. I have never made the accumulation of money a high priority. That is not to say that I am free-spending either. I have enough good sense not to squander my money.
• Generosity - I am a generous person. Sometimes overly so. I do not place a high value on personal wealth and therefore probably am not as concerned as I should be about money.
• Interests – My interests include listening to music, going to art galleries, reading books and newspapers, traveling domestically and to foreign countries, outdoor pursuits such as walking, biking, running, backpacking, skiing, etc., sitting and discussing one’s opinion on any of a variety of subjects, fine dining and wine-tasting, playing games and sports, attending and watching athletic events, plays, concerts or dance productions and just about anything new and exciting.